Friday, January 4, 2013

thankful. grateful. happy.

I could have sworn I've talked (written) about this post before but maybe not....

disclaimer:I know I quote and refer to Kelle Hampton a lot. probably WAY more than I should but here's the thing: she inspires me. She's a wonderful writer and expresses things in a way that I never could. Do I always agree with her? nope. But most of the time, especially when it comes to mother-daughter stuff? dang, she's good.

One of my favorite posts of hers is about gratitude and teaching her daughters about being thankful....not just in the month of November but year-round.

Click HERE to read the whole post. 

.........

Did you do it? Seriously, it will take a few minutes and you'll feel all warm and fuzzy. I promise.

..........

Ok,  if you haven't read it yet, your loss. Here's what she says that really resonates with me:

"What does it mean to be thankful though? If it were as easy as asking my child to scribble some words on a thank-you card, I'd stock up on stationery and tuck "grateful child" under my belt of parenting successes. Gratitude is abstract--a more difficult word to define to a child than a simple noun that accompanies a colorful picture on a flash card.

But it's important, perhaps one of the most valuable attributes you can teach your child because it has a symbiotic relationship with another emotion we all hope our children will experience...happiness."

 right? anyway, this post was on my mind and I wanted to document it as I was reflecting on all things November-ish.

.....on to December!


No comments:

Post a Comment