![]() |
| 18 weeks. hello bump! |
baby updates according to alpha mom:- Is about the size of a baked potato — five-and-a-half inches long.
- Has actual cute little ears and working ear bones and can hear sounds through the amniotic fluid — similar to how things sound to you underwater.
- Is moving, moving, moving. The baby is still small enough that you may not feel every kick and punch yet, but the movements will start getting less “bubble-like” and more “holy crap, that was totally a foot” pretty soon, if they aren’t already.
-With the funeral services this week, it was a pretty somber week... but Baby & I made it through just fine together....stick with me kiddo. we've got this :) I'm still so sad that Grandpa will never get to "meet" baby bean, but I'm grateful for my faith & I believe that now that he's in heaven, Grandpa knows our little bean better than we do! I just picture him lovin' on our little one & it makes me smile (ok, and cry too but that comes with the preggo territory, doesn't it?)
"Awesomes" of the week: -All of our penta screen tests (genetic screening) all came back normal....so HUGE sigh of relief!
-I LOVE feeling the baby kick. I know I said this last week too but oh my goodness, I really REALLY do!
-check out the adorable onesies we've collected so far:
...sorry...couldn't figure out how to rotate the first two. i trust that even sideways, the cuteness is still quite evident.
"Awkwards" of the week:
-uh...my morning sickness (oh who am I kidding...all-friggin-day sickness) is back. with a vengeance. what the heck?! whoever said that the 2nd trimester is "sooooooo awesome" is full of crap. I feel just as yucky as I did in my 1st trimester if not worse....and ending pity party now.
-family in town = lots of belly touching which I am NOT a fan of. I let it slide though. this time....
-prenatal yoga kicks my butt every.single.time. seriously? how can i still make it just fine through body pump, spin & kickboxing but yoga leaves me sweaty and gasping for air?!
-nothing fits right! i'm too big for my regular clothes but too small for maternity clothes...getting ready has become an ordeal (well...more so than usual...) my closet is just one big pile of "nope. not gonna work"
...all this complaining but seriously, I'm feeling VERY blessed. Every morning feels like Christmas morning when I wake up, put my hand on my belly & smile....
xoxo,
K & Baby
![]() |
| http://www.etsy.com/shop/tinytwistcreative the funds made from this little shop on etsy help in funding this sweet couple's adoption from the Democratic Republic of Congo! check 'em out. |
![]() |
| from mama's trip to Chicago :) |
![]() |
| H&M |
...sorry...couldn't figure out how to rotate the first two. i trust that even sideways, the cuteness is still quite evident.
"Awkwards" of the week:
-uh...my morning sickness (oh who am I kidding...all-friggin-day sickness) is back. with a vengeance. what the heck?! whoever said that the 2nd trimester is "sooooooo awesome" is full of crap. I feel just as yucky as I did in my 1st trimester if not worse....and ending pity party now.
-family in town = lots of belly touching which I am NOT a fan of. I let it slide though. this time....
-prenatal yoga kicks my butt every.single.time. seriously? how can i still make it just fine through body pump, spin & kickboxing but yoga leaves me sweaty and gasping for air?!
-nothing fits right! i'm too big for my regular clothes but too small for maternity clothes...getting ready has become an ordeal (well...more so than usual...) my closet is just one big pile of "nope. not gonna work"
...all this complaining but seriously, I'm feeling VERY blessed. Every morning feels like Christmas morning when I wake up, put my hand on my belly & smile....
xoxo,
K & Baby





No comments:
Post a Comment