I don't know why I'm surprised...I am sensitive to the silliest things. I'm scared of songs that come on the overhead speaker at Whole Foods and their ability to make me cry in an instant. I'm not even joking ~ John Denver was playing the other day and I almost LOST it right there by the bright and friendly produce. A mustache coffee mug creates a lump in my throat. A Dora the Explorer fishing rod that Harper would have loved to use when fishing with Dad?? Dammit, Academy!
It may be completely crazy to feel this way, but I do....or I did anyway. It's easy to be skittish and sensitive right now. And I'm not going to apologize for it. But, I also don't want to stay this way. I can't ignore Holidays and I can't avoid grocery shopping. I can be sad without stopping completely and missing out on life. I want to be strong and happy again; especially for H. So, I've embraced this
So now here we are at the end of the month and I'm not so freaked out anymore. In fact, I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow night...to go trick-or-treating with Harper, to smile at the little ghosts and gobblins as they run past and to share a special day with her.







No comments:
Post a Comment