Sunday, July 8, 2012

letters to Harper - month 4

Month 4! Look how big you are getting!


This month was busy for us and you went to lots of different places with mommy & daddy to spend time with family and friends. The first weekend of this month, we went to Dawn's graduation party. All your friends were there - Gus, Thys and Crew. We had a fun time but towards the end of the night you decided enough was enough so we went home rather quickly :) I guess you're not quite the party animal just yet...fine with me!

babies galore!
....flashback to a few months ago & there was this....
 



my how things change!



with your main squeeze, Gus. he was so handsome in his tux!

chillin' with daddy and his bff, Eric
The next day was Mother's Day!! We celebrated by going to church and then lunch with Mia, Granny, Nan, Christine & Taylor (and Daddy & Papi of course)

you've made me one happy mamma bear!

with your great-grandmothers
You've really started enjoying your playtime now....even tummy time is fun! can you believe it?! you still love anything musical or that lights up the most.

"oh, hey musical turtle, you're the coolest!"
You're able to grip and hold on to all your toys now and it's so awesome to watch you play with them and take in all the sights and sounds. 



who's that big girl in the jumperoo?!
Oh yes, and the toes. You've found your toes! We'll be going to yoga class in no time.


Let's see....what else did you do this month?

you watched the Spurs with Daddy

you slept in your big girl bed (not your favorite, but we're working on it!)

...and you played in the pool at Jon & Abby's house! you love the water....no surprise there!
It's been a fun month. Mommy's back at work and you spend your days with Mia. Ya'll do lots of fun things together like taking Jack for walks, playing on your activity mat & watching talk shows. Mommy comes home at lunch to visit you....you'd be proud of me for not crying or fussing at work even though I miss you oh so much while I'm away :)

Some good news - we've decided that I'm not going to work so much after you're done hanging out with Mia for two months. You'll still start "school" at Humble Creek Ranch in July - but only part time. The rest of the time, you and Mommy will hang out! We decided as a family that would be best and we are very blessed that this is an option for us. I'm so incredibly happy that we will get more time together because I just love watching you grow and learn and there's no better time spent in my opinion, than time with you :)

xoxo,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. This is soo great Momma K!!! (I've decided that is a new name for you - thoughts?) You are the best Momma!!

    P.S. In a future note to Harper - Your Auntie Di LOVES YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! Austin is Awesome, come visit me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are able to make the transition to part-time work! I hope that it offers you the best of both worlds :) Harper is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's growing so incredibly fast! I'm so happy for you being able o spend more time with her. That will be a great transition for you both :)

    ReplyDelete