Dear Little One,
Wow, 2 months already! The time is flying by. I am absolutely loving spending time at home with you and watching you change and grow each day. You smile a lot now and it turns me into giggly mush every time. You have such a beautiful smile, Harper. And your eyes! They are a gorgeous shade of blue and seem to get bigger with each day. I could stare at you for hours.
 |
| sweet smiles |
 |
| this is the first smile i caught on camera! |
 |
| check out those peepers! |
Morning seems to be your favorite time of day (it's mine too) and you smile up a storm when I talk to you. Your favorite things are taking walks with Jack, taking baths and staring at the fan, which you find quite amusing!
 |
| taking your brother for a walk |
 |
| snuggly and warm after a bath |
 |
| you love the fan! |
We are still hanging out mostly at home because it is flu season and you haven't had your immunizations just yet. I did take you up to work with me to a going-away-party for Sherree at the end of the month...I couldn't wait any longer to show you off! You did pretty well on your first big outing & I look forward to the day I can easily pack you up in the car and we can go out & do fun things together. I wonder what you'll like to do....go to the zoo? the park? the farmers market? shopping at La Cantera (oh wait, that's me...)
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day this month and also Mom & Dad's 5 year anniversary. Mia, Grandpa Bill & Aunt Caitlin watched you while we went to dinner.
 |
| Happy St. Patrick's Day! |
 |
| cute onesie from one of Mom's best friends, Barbara |
We took you for your 2 month check up with Dr. B at the end of the month and you are doing great! You weigh 10 pounds & are 25 inches long - your weight and head size are right at the 50th percentile and you are 90th percentile in height :) I wonder if you'll grow up to be tall. Will you like sports like your mom & dad? Basketball and volleyball come to mind considering your height. But hey - you can do whatever you want! You had to have a couple shots at your visit and I think it hurt Mom & Dad more than you. You barely let out a peep when the nurse gave you your shots & I was very impressed! When I was a little girl I was not nearly as brave. We found out that the reason you are sometimes a "putzy eater" is not just because you are stubborn :) unfortunately, you have reflux :( BUT not to worry...it's very common in little babies and goes away quickly as soon as your little tummy develops a little bit more. So actually, your "putzy eating" was very smart of you because it allowed you to slowly digest the milk & gain a healthy amount of weight. We have started giving you some safe medication to help at Dr. B's recommendation until you feel better.
here are 2 more of my favorite pictures from your 2nd month:
 |
| My pretty little longhorn |
 |
jana came to visit you & mom!
|
Our routine each day is pretty variable, depending on what you feel like doing for the day. Some days you sleep a lot and others you are awake most of the day. I try to do different things with you so you learn & don't get bored...you sit in your swing, you sit in the boppy to watch tv next to me, go for walks, play on your activity mat, read your books, watch your "tv" in the nap nanny, do tummy time (which you are NOT a fan of...but we sneak it in by having you lay on our chest)....of course, your favorite place to be (& my favorite place to have you) is in my arms ;) we watch a lot of tv together on the couch...Live with Kelly, America's Next Top Model, Bethenny Ever After & Real Housewives of Orange County...you know, real educational stuff like that. I'm taking advantage of the time before you understand what's on the tv besides blurry pictures and flashy lights. Soon enough it will be Praise Baby, Baby Einstein & Disney movies 24/7! You like music & when i sing to you (i think). i sing "twinkle twinkle little star", "the itsy bitsy spider", "head, shoulders, knees & toes" & the "ABC's" a LOT. i also make up silly songs about you too. Jack probably thinks I've gone insane.
There has been lots to enjoy but your sweet smile has definitely been the highlight of month 2 for me, little Harper. You are such an angel.
xoxo,
Mama
OMG, my baby would be watching the exact same shows with me! Made me laugh!
ReplyDelete