Monday, October 17, 2011

22 weeks: baby's first boyfriend, nursery colors & shamu


22 weeks
 somehow i got "off" on my pictures and missed a week so you will just have to enjoy this lovely bathroom shot...sans make up and cute outfit.

Alpha Mom says:
Your Baby:
  • Is about 11 inches long, which is just about one inch shorter than your average 12-inch ruler.
  • Has likely crossed the one-pound mark in weight.
  • Is getting more defined facial features every day, and already looks unmistakably like himself or herself on a 3D ultrasound.
You:
  • Are gaining about a pound a week now, if you happen to be one of those rare creatures whose weight gain lines up with the books and calendars.
  • May find yourself ravenously hungry at odd times during the day — the middle of the afternoon, after dinner or even in the middle of the night. Blah blah nutrient-rich protein-heavy snacks like nuts and things blah. Me, I’m going with calcium-rich milkshakes, thanks.
  • Continue to be that pregnancy-patented mix of moods and emotions. Blissfully happy and belly-rubbing one minute, wracked with anxiety and worry the next. Affectionately hoping your baby looks just like your partner one minute, hating their damn guts and ass face the next. Rawr.
...and I say:

My baby:
  • yup...feels about 11 inches long.
  • feels like she has likely crossed the ten-pound mark in weight :)
  • is already BEAUTIFUL & oh so very loved!
I:
  • Have not started gaining a pound a week just yet (eventhough I totally look it!) I'm just waiting for the pounds to start packing on but so far, the scale says I've only gained 7 pounds. Seriously?!? this big ol' belly & these thunder thighs are only the result of seven measly pounds?! wowza.
  • I am not really ravenously hungry either...unless of course you have a snickers. in which case, yes...I'm STARVING to death :)
  • I really don't think I'm all that moody or emotional. Of course, Cody may need to be a better judge of that but for the most part I've been freakishly chill.
This week was a good week...feelin' pretty good.

We found out on Wednesday that our good friends, Trey & Rachelle are having a little boy! Our babies have already been on lots of dates...prenatal yoga, a 5K, dinners, parties, lake trips...no doubt they will be fast friends like their mammas :)

with our babes on a double decker pub crawl.... :)

I was not loving the bedding we had picked out at Babies R Us so I searched etsy for the perfect crib set....2000 options later (you think I'm kidding....). We've picked out a color scheme and crib set for baby!

here's the color scheme:


pink, grey, mustard

and here is the crib set & matching stuffed giraffe I just couldn't resist. we're also ordering matching curtains.


cute, right? if you don't think so...I don't want to hear it :) 


we wrapped up the week with aunt di and our friend sara at Sea World!
 ...this was actually baby's second trip to sea world but we didn't know she was with us the first time around :)

xoxo,
K & baby
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE the bedding colors and OF COURSE giraffe!!! YaY we can start shopping for cute things!!! :-) P.S. Totally rockin' trip to Sea World!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your cute little bump! Love the nursery colors.

    ReplyDelete